Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lark Rise to Candleford: A Trilogy

By: Flora Thompson


Published: 1939-1945


Synopsis:


"Flora Thompson's immortal trilogy, containing "Lark Rise", "Over To Candleford" and "Candleford Green", is a heartwarming portrayal of country life at the close of the 19th century. This story of three closely related Oxfordshire communities - a hamlet, the nearby village and a small market town - is based on the author's experiences during childhood and youth. It chronicles May Day celebrations and forgotten children's games, the daily lives of farmworkers and craftsmen, friends and relations - all painted with a gaiety and freshness of observation that make this trilogy an evocative and sensitive memorial to Victorian rural England. " (Amazon.com)


My Thoughts:


I have been faithfully watching the BBC adaptation and I can't wait till my copy of the book arrives.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!

    Have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paula! It's a work in progress. I should be able to add more titles soon!

    ReplyDelete